SKIP TO PAGE CONTENT

Faculty and Staff News

Popular FaceApp poses cybersecurity concerns

Tuesday, Jul 16, 2019
With comments from Texas A&M University - Central Texas faculty: KILLEEN, TX — The FaceApp mobile application allows users to transform their face to make it smile, look younger, look older or even change gender, but one particular feature is grabbing h...
Local resident Crystal Brown recently finished her first year as a graduate student at Baylor University


HB 3111, SB 2300 could relieve Texas nurses of student debt

Friday, Apr 12, 2019
The debt many nursing students face after earning their degrees could soon be relieved. Two new companion bills making their way through House and Senate committees hope to create a student loan repayment assistance program for nurses working at long-te...
A team of experts at Texas A&M-Central Texas are examining prized violins


State leaders propose one-cent sales tax increase

Wednesday, Apr 10, 2019
State leaders propose one-cent sales tax increase. The current state sales tax rate is 6.25 percent and local jurisdictions such as cities and counties may add as much as 2 percent more for a maximum combined rate of 8.25 percent.
money exchanging hands


TAMUCT Looking to Work with Army Command

Wednesday, Jul 18, 2018
Texas A&M University-Central Texas is looking forward to working with the U.S. Army Futures Command, which will be located in Austin where a team of about 500 will take on the challenge of designing the Army of the future.
Photo by Marco Revuelta


One Of Our Own Wins Award

Wednesday, May 16, 2018
Dr. Agnes Tang, an assistant professor at Texas A&M University-Central Texas and global education advocate, has received a Fulbright U.S. Scholar Program Award, officials said Tuesday.
Dr. Agnes Tang


12 - 2nd Lieutenants Commissioned

Monday, May 14, 2018
Twelve newly minted second lieutenants received their gleaming gold bars and first salutes Saturday at the U.S. Army commissioning ceremony at Texas A&M University-Central Texas in Killeen.
Dr. Agnes Tang


Preserving Local History

Sunday, Apr 29, 2018
Christine Jones works among a historic home in a pasture in the unincorporated community of Mound in Coryell County.
handing apple to child