Student Service Fee Advisory Committee
The institution charges the Student Service Fee, as defined by Texas Education Code, Section 54.503, to all currently enrolled students per semester credit hour. This fee requires that a special committee, as defined by Texas Education Code, Section 54.5031, that is representative of the entire institution to "advise the governing board and administration of the institution on the type, amount, and expenditure of compulsory fees for student services."
- Crystal Ferreira, Student (2 years; first term)
- Matthew Soisson, Student (2 years; first term)
- Whisper Williams, Student (1 year)
- Deborah Haun, Student (1 year)
- Janeen Talton, Student (1 year)
- Dr. Seung-Jae Park, At-Large Faculty (2 years)
- Heather Wheeler, Staff
- Brandon Griggs, Dean of Student Affairs (Chair)
- Jamie Wiatrek, Administrative Support
The Division of Student Affairs is funded through the Student Service Fee. Budget increases are prepared on the basis of student needs and support, strategic and mission alignment, data and assessments, and alignment with the Council of Advancement of Standards (CAS) in Higher Education. Budget managers give a presentation over their respective area to this committee, and when needed, justify the need for budget allocations and increases. A budget request can only be approved with a majority vote of the committee, with each member having one vote except the chair. All allocation recommendations are sent to the President for approval, and subsequently the Texas A&M University System Board for final approval.
These procedures align with the following:
- Texas Education Code Section 54.503
- Texas Education Code Section 54.5031
- Texas Education Code Section 54.5032