Our Promises to Victims
Staying Safe on Campus Guidelines and recommendations
Personal crimes, including assaults, sexual assaults, and hate crimes, are a very serious concern of the Texas A&M University-Central Texas Department of Public Safety.
Such offenses can be emotionally devastating to a victim, and they destroy the fabric of our community. We strongly encourage all victims of crime to file a police report, and we make the following guarantees to anyone who does.
Because the needs of a victim are our primary concern
- We will meet with you privately, at a place of your choice, to take a report.
- We will go with you to meet with another police agency if this is out of our jurisdiction.
- We will not prejudge you or blame you for what occurred.
- We will treat you professionally, with courtesy, sensitivity, dignity, and respect.
- We will do our best to make you feel comfortable while making your report.
- We will assist you and go with you in arranging for any hospital treatment or other medical needs.
- We will assist you in obtaining counseling, advising, and other available resources both on and off campus.
- We will do everything we can to protect your safety after making a report.
- We will thoroughly investigate your case and, if a perpetrator is identified, prosecute it criminally, unless you decide against it.
- We will keep you informed of the progress of the investigation and/or prosecution.
- We will always be available to answer questions and explain the criminal justice system and processes involved.
- We will consider your case seriously regardless of your gender or the suspect's.
- A victim's request to speak to an officer of the same gender will be accommodated, when available.
- We are committed to making our community safer for everyone.
Call us. We're your police.