Withdrawal from the University
An application for withdrawal from the University must be initiated in the Registrar’s Office.
- Refer to the census chart below to determine the last day for dropping courses and the last day to withdrawal from the university.
- A student who withdraws on or before the last day to drop a courses will receive a grade of a W in all courses.
- A student who withdraws after the last day to drop courses will receive a grade of WF in all courses. The student may appeal to the instructor of each class for a change of grade from a WF to a W if he/she was passing at the time of withdrawal.
- A student who fails to withdraw officially will receive a grade of F in all courses in progress.
- In circumstances where in-person withdrawal is not feasible, the student should call or email the Registrar’s Office and request an “Official Withdrawal Request Form.”
- The refund policy established by the State of Texas is listed under Refunds (http://catalog.tamuct.edu/general-information/expenses/refunds/) in the catalog. All refunds are subject to this policy.
- A student who withdraws from the University will be required to reapply and be admitted before registering for future terms.
|Length of Class in Weeks||Official Census Date||Last Date to Drop or Withdraw with a "Q" or "W"|
|3 Weeks||Second Class Day||Friday of Second Week|
|4 or 5 Weeks||Fourth Class Day||Friday of Third Week|
|6, 7, or 8 Weeks||Sixth Class Day||Friday of Fourth Week|
|9, 10, or 11 Weeks||Seventh Class Day||Friday of Seventh Week|
|12, 13, or 14 Weeks||Ninth Class Day||Friday of Seventh Week|
|15 or 16 Weeks||Twelfth Class Day||Friday of Eleventh Week|