Welcome to Nursing
A World of Opportunity Awaits Those who Care
The nursing program at Texas A&M University-Central Texas offers nursing education to the registered nurse on the baccalaureate level, to serve the diverse population of Central Texas which includes the military and their families. The nursing faculty prepare excellent nurses to practice in acute care settings, outpatient services, or continue in pursuit of advanced degrees.
The RN to BSN program is designed with the working professional in mind. Classes are offered online by faculty dedicated to their success.
The baccalaureate degree in nursing at Texas A&M University-Central Texas is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, One Dupont Circle, NW, Suite 530, Washington, DC 20036, 202-887-6791, www.aacn.nche.edu/ccne-accreditation
Program Admissions Requirements
- A current Texas license to practice Registered Nursing
- An overall GPA of 2.0 or higher
- A grade of "C" or higher in the general education and support science courses
- Have official transcripts from all colleges attended, sent to the University
- Complete application to the University and to the Nursing Program
Applications accepted each semester, Spring, Summer, or Fall
Students may take up to six hours of general education courses while taking Nursing courses.