Along with the general undergraduate admission requirements, international applicants must meet the minimum English language proficiency requirements through one of the following ways:
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) minimum score of 69 (internet-based test) or 520 (paper-based test) or 190 (computer-based test)
- International English Language Test (IELTS) minimum score of 6
- Completion of six semester credit hours of English composition with a grade of C or better in each course
Steps to Apply
Step 1 Admission Application
Complete and submit the undergraduate application by visiting www.applytexas.org .
Step 2 Pay Application Fee
Pay the $130 non-refundable application fee via your electronic application or pay by cash, check, money order, or credit card in our Business Office.
Step 3 Submit Official Transcripts
Submit final official transcript(s) from ALL college level institutions previously attended. If courses were taken at a college or university outside of the United States, a course-by-course evaluation is required from a university approved, accredited foreign credentials evaluation service .
Step 4 Submit Affidavit of Support documented evidence of financial solvency (financial statement documentation)
Provide a bank statement and/or a letter from a financial institution that proves adequate financial resources are available to cover the minimum of the annual cost of attendance at A&M-Central Texas. If you are sponsored or financially supported by another individual, an Affidavit of Support must also be submitted.
Applications cannot be processed and an I-20 cannot be issued until all materials are received and the applicant is admitted to the university. To obtain a visa from the American Embassy located in the applicant’s country, a prospective student must have documented evidence of financial solvency. A sponsor is obligated to endorse all expenditures for the applicant during the entire course of study. Check with the American Embassy for further details.
International applicants must submit two passport-style color photos taken within six months of application. The A&M System mandates that all international students have medical insurance with coverage in the United States. Students will be automatically enrolled and charged for health insurance as part of their matriculation.
All of the following items must be on file in the Admissions Office before a decision can be made:
- Complete and submit the electronic International Graduate application form at: www.applytexas.org
- Applicants must submit accredited translations and evaluations of all the previous academic course work, which includes complete description of courses and overall G.P.A. The transcript must bear the date of Bachelor's degree conferral indicating that the applicant was in good standing at the last institution attended. If you have the original Diploma, please include it. See http://www.naces.org/members.htm
- Complete I-134; Affidavit of Support (completed with U.S. currency figures only)
- Must have completed English 1301 & 1302 with a C or better or submit TOEFFL scores.
- TOEFL Score: Original test scores (minimum of 550 for Regular TOEFL; 212 for Computerized TOEFL; 80 for Internet-based TOEFL)
- IELTS Score: 6 minimum
- GRE/GMAT Score: Applicants are required to submit a copy of either GRE or GMAT examination scores. Applicants planning to pursue a Master's program in Business may submit GMAT scores instead of GRE scores.
- Applicants with a GPA of 3.0 or higher may be granted conditional admission to the Graduate Program without GRE/GMAT scores, but they must complete one or the other during their first semester at Texas A&M University - Central Texas.
- Applicant must have a reliable financial sponsor. To obtain a visa from the American Embassy, the prospective student must have documented evidence of financial solvency written on a bank letterhead. A sponsor is obligated to also endorse all expenditures for the applicant during the first year of study.
- Photographs: Two recent passport-sized photographs.
Housing and Insurance
Texas A&M University - Central Texas currently partners with Central Texas Community College for students needing to reside in the dormitories. Please contact CTC housing for details at 254-526-1790.
Fees for medical insurance will be charged with tuition at the time of registration after full admission.
- Phone: 254.519.5438
- Fax: 254.501.5808
- Location: FH 218C
Monday - Friday
8:00am - 5:00pm