The GRE (Graduate Record Examination) is a test commonly required by most universities in order to apply for graduate level courses. Check with the university where you are applying to see their GRE requirements and deadlines. The test covers three primary academic areas:
- Verbal Reasoning — Measures your ability to analyze and evaluate written material and synthesize information obtained from it, analyze relationships among component parts of sentences and recognize relationships among words and concepts.
- Quantitative Reasoning — Measures problem-solving ability using basic concepts of arithmetic, algebra, geometry and data analysis.
- Analytical Writing — Measures critical thinking and analytical writing skills, specifically your ability to articulate and support complex ideas clearly and effectively.
Check the GRE website for information concerning testing centers in your area and test updates.
Need help preparing for the GRE? We've got you covered! Join us for an all-day workshop that will help kick start your preparations with study tips, materials, and tips and tricks for avoiding pitfalls on the GRE. Space is limited, so register today by clicking on the box below, and then pay at the Business Office (see details below).
- The next GRE Workshop will take place on Saturday, February 25, 2017 from 8:30am - 4:00pm.
- Registration will open on December 1, 2016.
- The deadline for payment is February 17, 2017. Please note: registration fees will increase by $10 after this date.
- Registration Fees*:
- A&M - Central Texas Students - $45
- Non-A&M - Central Texas Students - $75
* Includes light breakfast, lunch, and study materials. All fees paid are non-refundable.
How to Pay
All payments must be made to the Business Office for registration to be complete. You can pay by:
- Phone: 254.519.5455
- In Person: Founder's Hall, FH 108C
A FREE tutoring program designed specifically for the GRE is available online. Includes practice questions, a vocabulary builder, tutorial pages, and complete practice tests with an analysis of your performance.
- Phone: 254.501.5836
- Fax: 254.519.5797
- Location: WH 212
Monday - Friday
9:00am - 5:00pm