Skip to Main Content Skip to Title Bar Skip to Menu Bar Skip to Local Menu Skip to Footer Menu

office of the Registrar

Frequently Asked Questions

Where do I register?

  • All students register online. No face-to-face registration is available.
  • Online registration is available 24 hours a day, except on Sunday mornings from 6 a.m. to 10 a.m.

Who can register for classes?

  • Currently enrolled students.
  • New students who have been accepted to Texas A&M University - Central Texas and advised.
    • Orientation is recommended for first-time students.
    • Information about orientation is available from Advising (254-519-5492).
  • Graduating students must wait until their degrees are posted before registering.

What should I do before registering?

  • New students must be advised by their departmental advisors so registration blocks can be removed.
  • All students should:
    • Get a printed class schedule from their major departments.
    • Create a "desired classes" schedule.
    • Write down course information (name, time, and course reference number).
    • Register during assigned registration periods.

When can I register?

  • Dates are determined by your classification.
  • Registration dates are listed:
  • The online registration system will not let students register before their assigned dates.

What if a class is closed?

  • When a course is closed because enrollment capacity has been reached, you can:
    • Choose another section of the course that fits with your schedule and register for it.
    • Ask the appropriate department if an override is possible.
    • If given an override, take it to the Records Office to finish registering.
  • Courses that require permission to enroll (i.e. problem courses, internships, etc.) are closed to online registration. To enroll in such a course, contact the appropriate department to ask for an override. If given an override, bring it to the Registrar's office to finish registering.

What if I miss registration?

  • You can still register during the late registration & add/drop dates, which are listed on the Upcoming Important Dates page.
  • You will be charged a $25.00 late fee.

How do I change my address?
Go to Duck-trax, click on Online Services then Personal Information screen.

Where is my class being held? Contact the records office or check the board outside of the Registrar's office (RMI05).

What is an "L" error?
The "L" means that there is a Laboratory contacted with the course, you must register for both.

What books do I need for my class?
Books are available at the Warrior Bookstore, you will need your schedule showing the department and course number.

What is my ID number?
Your identification number is the 9 digit number provided by the university after you have been admitted. You will to use all 9 numbers (including the zeros).

How can I get a transcript and how much does it cost?
You can request transcripts by coming by the Records Office and completing the form or completing the form that is available on the web-site. If you choose to print the form from the web site, you may mail it Records Office or fax your request to the number provided. There is no charge for transcripts. Tarleton State University and the University of Central Texas (formerly American Technological University) transcript forms are available.

How can I get into a class that is closed?
You must pick up an Override form at the Records office. This form must be completed and signed by the instructor

How do I register for an online class?
The online classes are offered through the Stephenville campus and the individual instructors need to be contacted in order to register.

I have a hold on my records how can I tell what it is?
You will go to Student Self Service, sign on as you normally would, go to Online Services to AddlDrop classes. A notification will appear telling you that you have a hold. You would click on View Holds and the information regarding the hold will be displayed.

Home of the Warriors