Starting this semester, Texas A&M University-Central Texas will use Blackboard 9.1 for online instruction. For students, your initial login will be your official Tarleton email address (eg. firstname.lastname@example.org) with your UID as password. Please change your password in 'Personal Information' under 'My Places' after logging on. Note that your classes will not appear until the instructor for that class has marked it ready and available.
Blackboard HelpSupport Portal: http://www.tamuct.edu/bbsupport
Online chat (through the support portal at): http://www.tamuct.edu/bbsupport
Toll-Free Phone: (855)-661-7965
Check your browser for Blackboard requirements
Technology Requirements for Online Learning
Online courses require that you have a reliable internet connection. All of your coursework and exams will be assigned and submitted in an online environment. To successfully complete an online course, you must have access to these minimum technology tools:
- Internet connection
- Desktop or Laptop computer with 2Gb RAM and 60Gb Hard drive space (4Gb RAM, 400Gb Hard drive is preferred)
- Windows Vista or 7 32-bit, or Windows Vista or 7 64-bit, or Mac OSX "Leopard®"
- Internet Explorer 8, Firefox, Chrome, or Safari 4.0
- Text Editor (MS Word preferred)
- Audio/Video Player
- Course-Recommended Plug-ins
- Course-Recommended Software
The above listing is for minimum requirements. Some courses will require that you purchase additional software related to the course and your field of study.