office of Institutional Compliance
Departmental Records Coordinators
Departmental Records Coordinators serve as the point of contact between their respective department and the University’s Records Officer. This is an important position within a department and should be assigned to a full-time employee familiar with the various types of records created and received by the department. Department heads must use the Records Coordinator Designation Form to name a Department Records Coordinator or make changes.
Departmental Records Coordinator responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Attending applicable trainings regarding records management
- Completion, submission, filing or all records management forms
- Distribution of records management information within the department
- Coordinate a departmental records inventory (identifying the types of records held within the department)
- Provide guidance to departmental personnel on record related matters
- Be familiar with System and University records retention policies
- Coordinate the destruction of records.
Departmental Records Coordinators - Contacts
Risk & Misconduct Hotline
Reporting Fraud, Waste, or Abuse
Employees of the A&M System are required to report factual information regarding fraudulent, wasteful, or abusive activities that may involve the System or any of its members. To report such activities, employees can call the A&M System Risk & Misconduct Hotline at 1-888-501-3850 or submit a report via the Internet at the System's Risk & Misconduct hotline. Employees can also call the State Auditor's Office at 1-800-892-8348 or submit a report via the internet at http://sao.fraud.state.tx.us/