college of Education
The mission of the College of Education is to provide students in professional education and other human services with a quality education through academic, cultural, and leadership experiences, and to provide leadership through scholarship and service to the extended community and profession. Programs in College of Education prepare students for challenging, gratifying, and socially significant careers in education, counseling, and psychology. In additional to its teaching function, the program has a strong service commitment to public schools and human service agencies.
The College of Education offers baccalaureate programs leading to Bachelor of Science degrees in Curriculum and Instruction and Psychology and Master's degrees in Education, Educational Leadership and Policy Studies (MEd), Counseling (MEd), Counseling Psychology (MS), Psychology (MS), certification programs for principals and superintendents and a Specialist in School Psychology (SSP) degree.
The College of Education's academic programs are organized into the following areas:
Department of Professional Education and Policy Studies
Department of Psychology and Counseling
Degree programs offered include the following:
- Bachelor of Science in Interdisciplinary Studies with concentrations in:
- All-Level Special Education
- EC – 6 Generalist w/ESL
- 4-8 English Languate Arts/Reading/Social Studies with ESL
- 4-8 Mathematics with ESL
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- Master of Science (MS) with majors in
- Educational Psychology (Experimental Psychology and Licensed Psychological Associate)
- Counseling Psychology (Marriage and Family Therapy and Licensed Professional Counselor)
- Master of Education (MEd) degree with majors in:
- Curriculum & Instruction
- Counseling (School Counselor)
- Educational Administration
- Specialist in School Psychology (SSP)
Several teaching supplemental and professional certificates are also offered in conjunction with different academic departments.
The College of Education is home to the University's Counseling Services. Counseling Services consists of The Community Counseling and Family Therapy Center (a graduate Counseling and Psychology practicum clinic offering personal counseling to the area community) and the Counseling Center (offering personal counseling and education to students and employees as well as consultation and training to staff).
For more information about Certification or Accountability, contact Dorleen Hooten email@example.com.
For more information about Certification Testing and Field Placement, contact Elizabeth Glenn firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dr. Jeffery Kirk